Outfit details all available on my instagram! (@soniaseraphina)
1. A pencil skirt
- It looks gorgeous on everyone, plus it elongates the body due to the nature of it being high waisted.
- Shop the outfit:
2. A good pair of heels
- They don’t have to be very high, could just be your everyday pair of chelsea boots or even an inch of elevation in your uggs – every inch helps hunny.
3. Wearing black
- Black is generally known to be a slimming colour, therefore, by my logic, the slimmer you look, the taller you’ll appear to be.
(That’s, of course, until someone stands next to you and uses you as an arm rest for the millionth time in your life. *eye roll* Come on guys, its getting old.)
- Top & Jeans: Topshop
- I don’t know why, I don’t know how, but I have discovered that gladiators somehow make my legs look longer – which is amazing because they’re so comfy and on top of that they look good with so many outfits. Who says beauty is pain?
- Sunglasses: Cotton On
Denim Jacket: My sister bought it in Bangkok
Romper: H&M (It was gifted to me by my friend – thanks babe!)
Gladiators: Asos – New Look
5. Cropped/knotted tops
- By shortening the length of your top, it naturally gives more visible space to your torso, overall a good combination if you pair it with my up-coming Tip #6, in lengthening your body.
- Top: Boohoo
Bralet: Cotton On Body (Also a gift from the same friend – isn’t she just full of sugar?)
6. High Waisted ANYTHING
- Because you have now done Tip #5, you’ll have plenty of leftover space in your new-found lengthened torso to start your jeans/shorts/skirt at a higher point – giving your legs the freedom & ability to go on for days.
- Flannel: Primark
7. Shorten your hair/Put it up in a ponytail
- Recently I found out from my hairdresser that having shorter hair actually makes one look taller because longer hair tends to weigh your body down.
- Also, if you put your hair up, there’s literally not much of a length that could possibly be weighing you down. As they say – business in the front, party in the back.
- Picture on the left (excuse the untamed eyebrows): –
- Picture on the right: –
Now put everything together and you’ll basically look 7ft tall!
Also, please girls, always remember that it is okay to be short and it is important to love our bodies no matter what. So don’t let a simple thing like your height get you down. I mean, let’s face it, we’re already as close to the ground as we possibly could be anyway.
And besides, being a tiny human being comes with many perks, but I’ll leave that list to be discussed the next time.
Gorgeous Designs | Unique Shoes | Wedding Dresses
Hello everyone! I hope you’ve all had a great weekend and an even better start to your week. Last Thursday, I was blessed with the amazing opportunity to attend the Boohoo SS17 Press Day along with the other Boohoo Student Ambassadors and I must say that Boohoo customers are definitely going to kill it in the outfit department this Spring & Summer of 2017. The collection features plenty of unique pieces that are jaw-droppingly gorgeous and I honestly cannot wait to parade them around London & Singapore. They’ve even got wedding dresses in store for you guys. Yes, you didn’t read that wrong. They are, in fact, releasing a line of wedding/bridesmaids’ dresses. I mean seriously? It’s genius – an online retail brand selling wedding dresses. Like, helloooo bigger matrimonial budget.
Also, I apologise in advance but you might be a tad bit envious after reading what I’m about to say. I had the pleasure of getting a free hand massage at the Nip+Fab booth at the Press Day (along with a few Nip+Fab freebies in the goodybag) and I kid you not, it was literally the most relaxing thing ever. If you’ve never had a hand massage, you have not lived my friend. (Excuse the level of dramatics – I am, after all, half Indian.)
Getting back on track, I can’t wait for the SS17 collection to be dropped, hopefully you guys will just adore it as much as I do. It is definitely worth the wait ♥
Let’s stop here for today.. I could just go on forever. Don’t hesitate to leave a question or even a hello in the comments section below & remember to give a like to this post if you’re as excited about this season as I am!
Anyway, I’ll catch up with you guys later!
Shop My Outfit:
Hello people! I hope you had a great halloween last weekend and maybe even an encore celebration over this weekend as well.
I’m sorry to say that there’s not gonna be much of a post today but I do want to put it out there that this is probably only one of the handful of times in my life where I have dressed up. So I would like to publicly thank my housemate for forcing me to do something more this year, Julie Malka if you’re reading this (hahaha); I must say – it was worth it, I definitely had a ton of fun so thank you.
*On a side note:
What did everyone else dress up as this year? I would love to hear about it in the comments below!
Until next time folks.
Hello! How’s everyone been doing? I’ve recently stumbled upon my latest favourite pair of boot heels. They’re called the Annie Block Heel Sock Boots from Boohoo.com and you can either click the link above to shop or just punch in the product code (dzz74608) into the search engine of their website.
These are in fact a gorgeous pair of boots and I absolutely adore them. They are generally really comfy as well, especially the material. Although, they can start to hurt quite a bit if you’ve got a lot of walking to do. Like almost every pair of boot heels out there, they’re comfortable for a few good hours but no one would particularly recommend wearing them on errands day. If you’re looking for a pair of shoes to trot down Oxford Street with, these aren’t exactly your best bet. However, if you’re looking for something to quickly throw on for a chill day out, yet still making sure your legs look like they could go on for days; or perhaps even for a week night run-down to the pub, these sock boots are your go-to team for comfort. Overall I must say, they are definitely worth getting your hands on, I mean, look at them. They literally go with everything this season (AW16), it’s like the missing puzzle piece to your wardrobe – perfectly ties together any outfit.♥
Click on these links to shop the outfit above:
OR click here to shop my other outfits! 🙂