1. A pencil skirt
- It looks gorgeous on everyone, plus it elongates the body due to the nature of it being high waisted.
- Shop the outfit:
2. A good pair of heels
- They don’t have to be very high, could just be your everyday pair of chelsea boots or even an inch of elevation in your uggs – every inch helps hunny.
3. Wearing black
- Black is generally known to be a slimming colour, therefore, by my logic, the slimmer you look, the taller you’ll appear to be.
(That’s, of course, until someone stands next to you and uses you as an arm rest for the millionth time in your life. *eye roll* Come on guys, its getting old.)
- Top & Jeans: Topshop
- I don’t know why, I don’t know how, but I have discovered that gladiators somehow make my legs look longer – which is amazing because they’re so comfy and on top of that they look good with so many outfits. Who says beauty is pain?
- Sunglasses: Cotton On
Denim Jacket: My sister bought it in Bangkok
Romper: H&M (It was gifted to me by my friend – thanks babe!)
Gladiators: Asos – New Look
5. Cropped/knotted tops
- By shortening the length of your top, it naturally gives more visible space to your torso, overall a good combination if you pair it with my up-coming Tip #6, in lengthening your body.
- Top: Boohoo
Bralet: Cotton On Body (Also a gift from the same friend – isn’t she just full of sugar?)
6. High Waisted ANYTHING
- Because you have now done Tip #5, you’ll have plenty of leftover space in your new-found lengthened torso to start your jeans/shorts/skirt at a higher point – giving your legs the freedom & ability to go on for days.
- Flannel: Primark
7. Shorten your hair/Put it up in a ponytail
- Recently I found out from my hairdresser that having shorter hair actually makes one look taller because longer hair tends to weigh your body down.
- Also, if you put your hair up, there’s literally not much of a length that could possibly be weighing you down. As they say – business in the front, party in the back.
- Picture on the left (excuse the untamed eyebrows): –
- Picture on the right: –
Now put everything together and you’ll basically look 7ft tall!
Also, please girls, always remember that it is okay to be short and it is important to love our bodies no matter what. So don’t let a simple thing like your height get you down. I mean, let’s face it, we’re already as close to the ground as we possibly could be anyway.
And besides, being a tiny human being comes with many perks, but I’ll leave that list to be discussed the next time.